Diuretics or water pills are medications, which can treat a range of serious health disorders, starting from advanced blood pressure, edema and up to glaucoma. The main function of this group of medications is to help the body get rid of excess water and salt. Pills work mainly by boosting the kidneys release a higher sodium levels in the urine. Then sodium takes water from the blood and decreases the amount of fluid passing through blood vessels. As a result, a patient gets balanced pressure in the vessel walls.
All diuretics are divided into three main groups, including:
- Thiazide water pills, such as Metolazone, Chlorthalidone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorothiazide, Indapamide, etc.;
- Loop diuretics, including Demadex, Bumex, Lasix, Edecrin and others;
- Potassium-sparing water pills, for example, Dyrenium, Amiloride, Aldactone and Inspra.
Some drugs can be combined with more than a single type of water pills or with other blood pressure remedies. Each type of medications interferes with a different part of kidneys, thus, has specific use, contraindications, precautions, safety instructions and side effects. You can select the most effective diuretic only based on your health condition and body response to its ingredients.
Indications for Diuretics Use
According to the recommendations of the vast majority of professional and reputable doctors, thiazide diuretics work the best, if consider high blood pressure and related disorders. Once an administered water pill does not cope with its task, a healthcare provider can order you add other medications to your therapy, especially angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors, calcium channel blockers, beta blocker, angiotensin II receptor blockers and others.
Additionally, a wide range of other conditions can be prevented, treated and improved with an effective and suitable diuretic. They may include:
- Liver failure;
- Kidney disorders, specifically kidney stones;
- Heart failure;
- Edema (tissue swelling).
Contact your doctor to learn about other instances of water pills use. Make sure you follow the instructions and recommendations of a qualified doctor in order to eliminate the risks associated with diuretic use.
Possible Complications and Side Effects
Despite diuretics are generally safe, they can sometimes trigger mild to severe side effects, starting with headache and up to mineral loss and advanced urination. Besides, such drugs can interfere with the level of blood potassium. Different types of water pills can activate either hypokalemia or hyperkalemia.
Among other adverse reactions and complications, possible after the diuretic use, are:
- Muscle cramps;
- Tiredness and weariness;
- Joint disorders and others.
Lasix as Effective and Safe Diuretic: Its Advantages over Similar Pharmaceuticals
While the modern market is full of medications and even various options within the single group, you need to consider the most beneficial option. Lasix is a potent remedy, which is approved both by time and professional doctors. Get Lasix water pills at http://onhealthy.net/product/lasix/ Canadian reliable pharmacy. Similar to other water pills, the drug helps eliminate salt and water from the organism. However, there are certain peculiarities and special properties, which make the tablet special.
Using the treatment, you can get most chloride, sodium and water out of the blood and body. Blocking the absorption of harmful and unnecessary chemicals, the medication triggers a profound advance in the urine output.
What differentiates Lasix from other medications of the same group and contributes to its popularity is the following:
- Rapid onset of action. You need to administer the drug regularly for the maximal benefit. On average, positive medicine influence lasts for over 6-8 hours and starts within a few minutes after Lasix use;
- The medication is prescription, so it is approved to promote a significant influence on the body and its functions;
- The medication is available in numerous forms, including oral tablets and injections. Your doctor can advise you the one, suiting your individual instance the most;
- Several side effects possible. Contrary to other diuretics, Lasix is not likely to trigger dangerous or life-threatening body influences. The most common adverse reactions include the symptoms of dehydration, electrolyte depletion and decreased blood pressure.
Generally, Lasix is one of powerful and appreciated water pills that features a potential impact on the body, rapid, though a long-lasting effect and convenient use. High safety levels and decreased number of contraindications also help the drug stand out of the crowd.